Wednesday, January 7

The Tide is High

I am not quite done with my vacation posts, but I wanted to share what our weather is doing up here. First off, our place does not have it bad (yet!) compared to other parts of the county.  Most of the major roads are closed due to flooding. I drove by (at a higher level)  several vehicles with the water line up to their hoods and a front door of a house only a couple inches away from water entering it. Pretty crazy!

We could flood since we are close to a river, but I hoping that does not happen. At 2:30 when I took these pictures, our deepest spot was about 8 inches, it’s been raining non-stop since. I heard about 15 years ago people were rowing around town, we should have taken that inflatable boat my parents offered us :)

Below is a stitched together picture of our new backyard pond! *Click to view larger.

DPP_00012504_stitch

DPP_00012506

DPP_00012507

6 comments:

Darlene said...

The offer stands on the inflatable boat :) Hope you won't need it!

Sarah said...

Oh, wow! I really hope your new house does not flood!!

And that was a stitched-together picture? I couldn't see the seam!

Ed / Julie said...

Watching and waiting...

Melissa said...

Sarah,
The program is called Microsoft ICE. It's free and it works really well for stitching photos together :)

Cathy said...

Everybody around here has standing water too, just because everything is so saturated! We missed the heavy, heavy rains...went up north to you guys! Just across the river from us (north), they had major flooding too. Now, they are saying that we're expected to get another snow storm at the end of the month....hopefully NOT!

Kristy Wind said...

Gotta love Everson! It was crazy out there. Our house could get flooded since we're right by the field and I just had these nightmares of waking up in a pool! Glad it's all going away now.