Friday, January 2

Christmas Vacation: Part 1

Well, we are finally home after an almost two week vacation. We drove from Washington to California in our little, and I mean little, red Aveo rental car. The weather was not typical for California, it was a little cool and it rained until Christmas. It still was warmer than the snowy 16-20 degrees we left up here. Despite the weather conditions, it was a great trip and I miss everyone already. 

Since I was warned no one may want to read a really long post I am breaking up the trip into a few posts, hope you don’t mind :)

On the Friday before Christmas we headed down to Shelton, WA to spend the evening with Todd’s family. We exchanged Christmas presents and chatted for a few hours. The next morning we headed to Sacramento. We planned to get there in 12 hours, but because of some ice & stopping to buy chains (which we never needed) we got there in 14 hours, not too bad, but we were tired. There we visited with my cousins Sarah & Nate and Sarah’s husband Andrew. We got to stay in their beautiful home that they recently remodeled. (I took more pictures on the trip back).

On Sunday we drove to San Francisco to see the sites. Todd had never been there so it was a treat for him to see the Golden Gate Bridge. It eventually started raining so we didn’t stay outside very long. We then drove down Lombard Street which is famous for its steep, tight turns. After spending the afternoon there we decided to head to my parents about 7 hours south of the city.

… to be continued

DPP_00012350

DPP_00012351

DPP_00012351

DPP_00012352

DPP_00012353

DPP_00012354

DPP_00012355

DPP_00012356

DPP_00012357

DPP_00012358

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Yay, I love seeing your pics! It was great having you here...cute pic of my Gilligan, too! :-) Looking forward to your next posts!

Ed / Julie said...

Beautiful snow and bridge pictures!I'm so glad you had a good trip!

Cathy said...

Neat that you got to do some sightseeing too!