Sunday, October 12

Apple Picking

On Saturday Todd & I picked apples with our friends Peter & Jessica & their son Jimmy. We drove to Sm’Apples in Ferndale on the recommendation of my friend Julie (thanks!). The apples were only 30 cents a pound and the trees were the perfect height for Jimmy to help pick a few. It took less than an hour to pick 130 pounds of Jonagolds, pretty quick when you have five sets of hands.  Jessica & I are splitting the amount to make applesauce and pie filling which I am looking forward to making this week sometime.

DPP_0001217

IMG_2982

IMG_2971

DPP_0001219

DPP_0001228-1

DPP_0001222

DPP_0001224

DPP_0001225

2 comments:

Ed / Julie said...

Hey! So glad you had a nice day for your apple picking! Are you canning or freezing your applesauce & pie filling? I love the picture of Jimmy with the wagons. Can't wait to read your post about applesauce later on. :)

Cathy said...

Looks like you guys had a fun day...you have a lot of work ahead of you, but I'm sure it will be worth it!