Saturday, February 7

Honey Roasted Almonds

I got this recipe from my parents. They are really good!

2 cups almonds

1/4 c sugar

1/2 tsp salt

2 Tb honey

2 Tb water

2 tsp vegetable oil

Roast almonds @ 350° 12-15 minutes (start low with hot oven)

After a few minutes:

Mix salt & sugar in med-large bowl

Mix honey, water, & oil in medium pan, bring to boil

Stir in roasted almonds & continue to cook until liquid is absorbed (be carful not to burn)

Transfer to the sugar/salt mix in bowl and toss to coat

Cool on wax paper

 

DPP_00012727

DPP_00012726

3 comments:

Ed said...

These are awesome! I could eat them all day!

Ed / Julie said...

Looks like I'm going to have to try that recipe sometime! Thanks, Melissa! :)

Cathy said...

Oooh, now I know what to do with all those almonds I just bought in the bulk food section at Winco! Well, maybe not ALL of them!