Thursday, October 11

Love is kind...

One of my favorite passages in the Bible is 1 Corinthians13:4-7, the well-known verses on love. "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."
I once heard a sermon, most likely my Dad's, where you insert your name for the word "love." For example, if I were to do it, it would read something like this: "Melissa is patient, Melissa is kind. Melissa does not envy, Melissa does not boast...etc." It definitely makes you think twice before putting your name into the blanks. Am I really patient? Do I forgive wrongs? Do I trust? It's a good exercise to remind us of how much we need the Lord in our lives! It's only through Him that we begin to learn what love truly is.... just something to think about.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

So true! Thanks for sharing that...really does help to personalize Scripture like that!