Monday, July 13

Weekend Work

We painted more of the house this past Saturday and it was hot! We did stay on the north sides to avoid the direct sun, but by the end of eight hours we were done painting for the whole weekend. Todd gets to paint the top story, I don’t know how brave I feel to do it.

While Todd was painting I snuck a few floral pictures from the day. The baby birdie was on the ground not quite able to fly yet, I hope he found his wings.

If anyone knows this, what is the orange ball of flowers called? Also, the little blue flowers, any ideas what that is?

DPP_00014602

DPP_00014595

DPP_00014616

DPP_00014624

DPP_00014619

DPP_00014640

DPP_00014639

DPP_00014634

DPP_00014654 DPP_00014664 DPP_00014612

5 comments:

Ed / Julie said...

I think the blue flowers are forget-me-nots. The orange...does it come back every year? Is it on an evergreen bush? I have some purple ones that look similar, called allium, but I don't know if they come in orange. Cute bird picture!

Ed / Julie said...

I should have also added that those forget-me-nots can be weed-like in their ability to seed all over the place. I usually try to cut most of them before the flowers go to seed.

Melissa said...

Hi Julie,
I'm not sure if the blue are forget me nots. I have other forget me nots in my garden and they are tiny blue things and those grow everywhere. Can they get big flowers, I mean bigger than normal? They also don't have the yellow center, not sure if they have to have one.

The orange do come back every year and the hummingbirds love them. They are not evergreen, die back in winter. Each cluster is on a tall thin stem but not completely round.

Darlene said...

Pretty flowers and adorable baby bird :) Can you find the cat face in the purple flower? How did Todd squeeze into that tiny space to paint? He must be flexible and not afraid of heights :)

Unknown said...

Wow the house is looking good. Todd is very talented. You are very talented at photography. I love your pictures. I really like the birdie.
Cindy