Monday, July 28

Horsing Around

On Sunday I volunteered at Camp Horizon for a couple hours with the horseback riding. The camp is held every summer in Blaine (closer to Birch Bay) for special needs kids & adults. The people running the horseback riding go to our church and that is how I heard that they needed help. Since I love to be around horses, I thought it would be fun, and it was :) My job was to walk beside the rider as a spotter so they didn’t fall off… though most of the riders had great balance. I used to volunteer at a therapeutic equestrian center in Canada while attending Trinity Western University. It was neat to be able to have the experience again.

The two girls pictured are my friends Janelle & Krista from the Christ Group Todd & I are involved with. We all were helpers.

P1010001

1 comment:

Ed / Julie said...

What a cool thing! Thanks for sharing that - totally awesome. If you ever hear of a horse camp that would be suitable for a girl like Sarah, will you let me know? Thanks!