Sunday, July 13

Chuckanut Footrace

My friend Jessica and I were walkers in the Chuckanut Footrace this weekend.  Jessica encouraged me to sign up and walk with her, so I did (it was capped at 1,000 people). The walk was beautiful through the trees and overlooking the bay. We were on the Interurban Trail for most of the 7 miles which started at Marine Park and finished at Larrabee State park. It actually was pretty fun, mostly because I had Jessica to laugh and talk with. It took us about 2 hours, which is not too bad for this being our first race. My feet were extremely sore afterwards but now I know to buy a better pair of shoes for next time. You can see our action shot by a professional photographer by clicking here. We took the one below after we got back to Jessica’s a couple hours after the race.

Race

3 comments:

Ed / Julie said...

Way to go, Melissa!

Cathy said...

Sounds like fun when you can laugh along the way with a friend by your side! Good for you!

Darlene said...

It certainly looked like you were having fun. Some of the runners looked way too serious :) What a beautiful sunny day to be enjoying the great outdoors.