Monday, June 30

New Friends, Fireworks & Fuchsias

Todd & I had a nice weekend despite the 90° plus weather  :) Ok, so it’s not as bad as growing up in California…but it’s hot with no air conditioning! Saturday evening we met up with our new friends from Christ Group (about 11 of us all together) to watch the fireworks in Sumas. It’s about a 10 minute ride from Everson and they have the show every year a week before 4th of July. Our friend James (Todd’s work) told us about the event because he was one of the helpers to light off the fireworks. I have to say, it was a great show. They did a good job and the finale was amazing. I hope this becomes a tradition for us.

One of my fuchsias just opened up on Saturday too. I am very excited! It’s neat to see something you planted come to life, especially beautiful and exotic fuchsia blooms. I have five planters on the front of the house with three different fuchsia types. Only one, (Lena variety) has fully opened.

P1010003 - Copy

P1010029

P1010026

P1010007

1 comment:

Cathy said...

I've never grown fushias. That one is beautiful!