Monday, June 23

In the Garden

I am really enjoying my garden and am so very thankful to the previous owner for planting everything and making it all so wonderful. I hope she doesn’t miss her flowers too much. I think of all the wonderful flowers in the garden, peonies are my favorite. They are just so big & beautiful. Roses are a close second.

I also wanted to share a few pictures of our patio. It is in the shape of an “L” with 31 rose bushes lining it. The picture with the shoes is looking out from our dining room slider (the short end of the “L”). Roses make for such a lovely view at dinnertime :)

*Lately, I haven’t allowed pictures to be clickable because sometimes a different picture pops up instead of the one you thought you were enlarging. I have no idea why my computer (probably camera issue) does this. I will try to remedy this, or at least allow a few that can enlarged.

*Can anyone tell what the yellow flower is at the end of this post? It looks like a daisy-type bloom, but not sure exactly.

P1010151-1

P1010091-1

P1010001 - Copy

P1010084-1

P1010049

P1010033

P1010030

P1010023

P1010056-1

P1010057

P1010171

6 comments:

Ed / Julie said...

Mmm...I absolutely love peonies, too. They're fabulous and one of my favorites! Pretty sure that yellow flower is a yellow daisy, but I'm not sure what variety. How does it smell? I love your yard - I'm envious - it's so established. I've got some waiting to do before my yard has that much maturity!

Melissa said...

The daisy has a bitter smell (at least when I rubbed my fingers around it) Almost reminds me of a marigold smell, I think :) Today it has separated into 2 layers, the top slightly curling up to the sky and the bottom laying flat, like in the picture. It also does not grow on a bush, but single stalks with maybe a couple other buds. Don't know of that helps :)

Melissa said...

*if that helps :)

Cathy said...

I'm not sure either, but it sure is pretty! Regular white daisies are my favorite, but they sure do stink!

Cathy said...

A friend of mine said the yellow flower may be some kind of coreopsis (tickweed), although I haven't seen one specifically like that one myself (that's not saying much, though!)

Melissa said...

Hmm...from all the coreopsis pictures on Google images, none really look like the one in my yard. The pictured ones are more ragged on the edges. Thanks anyways! Sounds like you do know your flowers :)