Sunday, September 21

Late Summer Blooms

With the warm weather we had up until a couple days ago, you’d think it was summer in the garden. All sorts of flowers are still in bloom and some got a second set of blooms like our butterfly bush. I still have poppies opening up that started back in April! I am not sure if this abnormal or not since this is my first garden in the Pacific Northwest.

Besides flowers, we also have lots of little critters in our yard. Of all the critters, spiders are my least favorite but I know they are excellent for catching bad bugs and they make beautiful webs. I love the bee sitting in the fuchsia photo. Looks like he’s chillin’ in a retro egg chair. I don’t know why, but sometimes I have an overactive imagination :)

My five-part photography class starts this Tuesday evening and I am excited to learn how to use my camera settings properly.  Also, I am always open to suggestion from anyone who reads my blog on how to taker better photos :)

DPP_0001

DPP_0002

DPP_0003

DPP_0004

DPP_0005

DPP_0007

DPP_0002

DPP_0001

DPP_0008

DPP_0010

DPP_00012

DPP_0016

DPP_0013

DPP_0014

DPP_0004

DPP_0015

DPP_0018

DPP_0017

3 comments:

Ed / Julie said...

It's definitely normal to have stuff still blooming in September - especially since your home's previous owner obviously knew a lot about plants and flowers and probably purposely planted long-blooming stuff and stuff that blooms late into the summer. The other thing about this particular year is that we had some cool, wet weather in August, which delayed some late-summer stuff. Your photos are great, as usual, Melissa. :)

Sarah said...

Wow, what is that red and purple flower? So vibrant! Didn't know that there were any flowers that color!

Melissa said...

Sarah, that is a fuchsia. They are beautiful and come in all sorts of color combos...though mostly in purple, pink, red & white variations.