Monday, May 19

I'm Back!

I am finally home after spending nine wonderful days in California with family. As I said earlier, I got to surprise Matt for his 30th. My parents & I drove out to their apartment in Hemet and I was the first person he saw when he opened the door. He was definitely surprised :) We had breakfast with him & Cherise then stayed around for a birthday party with some of her family. We also had a nice Mother's Day, the first in three years with all of us together. DSCN3016

DSCN3017P1010071 P1010072 DSCN3050

The rest of my time was spent with Mom & Dad lounging around the house chatting, shopping & eating. I did get to spend one full day with my brother on his day off. On other evenings, I visited with my friend Trisha (she was my maid of honor) and my cousin Jason & his wife Rosa. You'll notice all their dogs in the pictures, they were fun. Speaking of dogs, my dog Goldie is almost 14 now! She is officially an old girl and completely deaf.  I had to leave her behind when Todd & I moved up North, but my parents take good care of her :)

P1010143P1010016

P1010016P1010008 P1010009

My Dad, being the practical jokester that he is, had some fun with us. I was startled when he left a foot in the hallway & a hand on the doorknob for me. I have no idea why they startled me, do you know how many times I have seen them over the years...way too many to be jumpy :) We also had fun with an itchy beard...as you can see.

DSCN3049

P1010084

P1010087

Of course I took lots of pictures of flowers around the yard and of lovely Yucaipa scenery. It's very brown right now...actually, all year round except for a couple of months it's green. The weather was wonderful though, it was in the 80's most of the time. The end of last week was when it heated up to the mid 90's and the low 100's when I flew home Saturday.  I had a great time and miss my family already. I am glad to be home with Todd though, it was a long time without my hubby :)

P1010030

P1010092P1010201

P1010169 DSCN3072

P1010015 P1010037

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh, what wonderful pictures!! So glad you had a good time -- I never knew your dad was such a practical joker! And Matt and Cherise look great, and Jason and Rosa... What a great blog post!!

Sarah said...

Oh, and that picture of Goldie sleeping with her head hanging off the edge is FUNNY!

Melissa said...

Thanks Sarah, I'm glad you liked the post :) After my Dad & I took pictures of Goldie sleeping like that, she woke up (and sort of half-sat up)...then she fell back asleep in the same position...a strange dog :)

Cathy said...

What a great trip for you! The hand and foot are hilarious! The pictures of Goldie are great...of course, also of your family too!
:-) So glad that you were able to spend time with everyone.