Friday, February 15

Nooksack River

Todd & I took a ten minute walk down to the river last Saturday. It's pretty cool to live so close to the Nooksack. I read that bald eagles like our river, especially in January. I have seen about three fly over our house since we moved in. Although we did not see any eagles that day, we did have fun skipping rocks and taking pictures. We were able to walk out onto a rocky sandbar, the river was very low as you can see. Of all the beautiful scenery, I loved the colors of some "rainbow" bushes we walked through. The reds, oranges & yellows were quite stunning.











2 comments:

Sarah said...

Beautiful pictures! Looks like a relaxing walk!

Cathy said...

I've seen those bushes before but didn't know what they were called. They really are pretty. So are those rocks that you took a picture of. Really unique! How close is the river to your house?