Sunday, January 13

Yard Work

Todd & I spent a beautiful Sunday afternoon catching up on some yard work. We have a large lot and several trees, so we can expect to spend some quality time outdoors :) I guess it's not too bad when the weather cooperates. On Christmas Eve Todd spent about five hours raking leaves. He was only able to do about 2/3 of the yard at that time. This weekend we worked for another two hours raking and pruning rose bushes...and we still have a lot to do. I think it will all be worth it in the spring. I'm looking forward to my thirty-one rose bushes in bloom!






4 comments:

Sarah said...

That's a fun way to spend some quality couple time! :-)

We're in for a lot more yard work at our new house, too...there are over 30 trees on our property! And a lot more yard than we have now!

Cathy said...

I'm getting the Spring "bug"...itching to get back into the yard again. Lamar is going to make some raised beds in a fenced area by the barn...free from deer! That's where I should put a rose garden too. We just can't have the roses like we'd like with all the deer running around here munching on everything. I'd love to be able to have a beautiful climbing rose on our arbor, but I'm afraid it would be too enticing for those rose-loving critters!

Matt and Cherise said...

Great picture of the garden hose...very artsy fartsy. I love it!

Stephanie Stremler said...

Congrats on your new house! I had no idea! I am so jealous of your 30+ rose bushes!!! I only have about 15.