Monday, June 18

Rest in Peace

My dear Uncle Dave went to be with Jesus Saturday night after a long battle with cancer. It’s hard to believe he is gone and even harder to say goodbye, but we know we will see him again in heaven!

Please pray for my Aunt Rexine and the rest of our family in the days ahead.

I have a few pictures from the last time I saw my uncle which was almost a year ago. Ada was about 6 months old in these photos. I have lots of great memories of Dave and wish I could share them all. We spent many summers with our families camping  in Oregon or spending time at the family cabin on Bumping Lake (WA). He also used to send me news & magazine articles on anything horse related. He knew I had a love for animals and would think of me from time to time. You will be greatly missed Uncle Dave!

20110730-IMG_3233-4

20110730-IMG_3244-3

20110730-IMG_3505-4

1 comment:

Grampa said...

Thanks for sharing these, Melissa. You captured Dave's gentleness.