Wednesday, June 2

First Day: Sydney Beaches

Hi everyone! I haven’t forgotten about you! Sorry this has taken me so long to get organized. It has been an interesting couple of weeks adjusting back to our time zone and going through 6,500 photos!

Todd is making me maps so that you know exactly where we were each day. I think I have plenty of pictures to post for each day or more (about 15 days). I wish I could show them all. My goal is to have our trip concluded no later than Christmas ;)

We started our trip from Seattle after being dropped off by some wonderful friends. We flew to San Francisco where we boarded a Jumbo Jet (747-400) for a 14 hour flight. A couple movies and short snooze later we landed in Sydney at 6:30 a.m. their time. After customs and immigration we bought tickets for the train and headed into downtown. Got off about three blocks from our hotel where we took in the sights for the first time. First impressions were of a very clean, beautiful and friendly city. Left our bags at our hotel and then bought tickets for a bus to Bondi Beach.

It was maybe a 30 min bus ride to the beach. The water was beautiful! We walked the whole beach then took the Coastal Walk for about a mile and a half to other beaches. It started raining on us, which you can see the dark clouds in the pictures, but it was a warm rain. Ate dinner at Hungry Jack’s (a.k.a. Burger King) then went to bed around 7:30 that night.

Day%201

Sydney Map

IMG_4188

IMG_4192

IMG_4271

IMG_4265

IMG_4275

IMG_4410-2

IMG_4487 IMG_4518 IMG_4516

IMG_4529-2

IMG_4546

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Welcome home! Wasn't sure when you got back. Really looking forward to your posts! I didn't realize the water was so beautiful there!

Ed / Julie said...

Yay, yay! I have been waiting anxiously for the Australia series to begin! :) Better warn us when you're about to post a picture of a dinner plate-sized spider. ;)

Grampa said...

What a beautiful place! Looking forward to the other 6000+ pics!