Friday, June 19

Red & Green

I picked 12 cups of strawberries from our backyard this afternoon! I have been forgetting to harvest them until today. You seriously have to grab them as soon as they ripen or the slugs take ginormous bites out of them…argh! I found a few ripe raspberries too, yummy! My potato plants are thriving and my tomatoes are getting big on the vine. I am happy.

I thought I would change things up and post square pictures this time around…yippee! It does mean I cropped quite a bit from each one, is that cheating? :)

DPP_00014183

DPP_00014184

DPP_00014206

DPP_00014264

DPP_00014265

DPP_00014225

DPP_00014219

2 comments:

Ed / Julie said...

I cannot believe you have tomatoes!!!! No one else I know has tomatoes yet. I thought I bought "Early Girl", but no tomatoes yet. Just flowers. I even put them in the absolutely sunniest place in the yard. :( Nice pictures. Square is fun, sometimes!

Cathy said...

Beautiful crop! We have strawberries too, but we don't have as many plants as you do. They are just growing in my flower beds here and there. Fun to pick, though! And you're right...you have to get them every day or something else will!