Saturday, April 5

Dishwasher Exchange

Because our dishwasher (18 years old) was under a homeowners warranty (bought for us), we were able to get $360 towards a new one. The old one sounded like a garbage disposal with its loud grinding noises...plus it stopped cleaning dishes. Since the broken part was no longer being made, we were given two options: $360 cash or a free cheap model. We opted for the money so we could upgrade to a nicer, Consumer Reports recommended model. We now have three appliances (fridge, stove, dishwasher) that are all different colors...but at least they work...for now :)

The old beast:

P1010069P1010057

Its replacement:

P1010126

P1010133-1

3 comments:

Cathy said...

It's always fun to get new appliances and what a bonus being able to get a new one with your homeowners warranty! In the last two years we have gotten a new fridge (white), range (stainless) and last month, a washer and dryer (white). What a difference they make!...Spendy though :-)

Sarah said...

What a blessing! We are having to get a few new appliances for the new house, but some of them we're bringing with us from our current home.

As an aside, I had to comment on Cathy's use of "spendy," because that's what I say too, but everyone I meet around here says "pricey" instead! One of my friends said she thought it was cute when I said "spendy"! :-)

Cathy said...

That's funny...I grew up saying, "spendy". I was thinking it may be a midwest word since I grew up in the midwest but if you say it too, there goes that theory!